Cinematografica/Tiny DocLab Production Grant
Open to all currently enrolled students in the Philippines who are studying film, television, documentary or any AV-related production courses.
1. What is the Grant?
To help you with your graduation film in the Philippines. Your film needs to be in development or pre-production. Our grant is not a completion grant. If you are selected you receive 50,000 PHP.
Our selection criteria
We are looking for new and exciting ideas in non-fiction and fiction production. Surprise us!
- You can choose any topic you like, as long as you are passionate about it.
- You must be the director or producer of the project.
- You are enrolled as a student on a recognized Philippine media production course.
2. What are the aims of the Grant?
We want you to explore social media so that your crew, documentary participants, sponsors, funders and the audience can connect with each other and contribute as equals to the production.
3. How to apply?
Then prepare these documents:
- Copy of your passport and student ID, your address and contact details
- 1 page logline and synopsis
- 1-3 pages Treatment
- Latest version of script (fiction) or treatment (non-fiction)
- Director and/or Producer’s Biography and filmography including links to previous work
- Proposed Production Schedule
- Social Media and Promotion Plan
- Teacher’s reference letter
- Any visual images, video clips or examples
- Submit it all together as one Adobe PDF File and email with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Deadline of Application: October 31, 2021.
Selected candidates are interviewed in person in Manila by the end of October. Please make sure you are available during that time. By November 16, we announce the name of the student who will be awarded the Cinematografica grant worth 500 euros (or Philippine equivalent). Should you get selected you agree that we can show your film to our students if appropriate. We will also submit your film to festivals in Europe if we think your film has merit.
Email Arleen Cuevas and Fritz Kohle if you have more questions.
Breda, Netherlands, 6/12/2020